The Best Burger Recipe!
This truly is the best burger I have had in my life. When the weather gets hot…like it is, like right now…like 110 degrees like it is right now, we don’t cook very much. We go out, or order in, and keep the air conditioner on.
When we eat out, it is usually a burger. So that’s why I wanted to create a delicious burger at home. There is really nothing like it! The flavors of a homemade burger, is the best, because of the really fresh ingredients and I can add all the spices and flavorings I want. I love adding chopped onion to my burger patties, and in my daughters world, there is never enough onions!
I’ve never seen a child who has loved onions throughout childhood. She has. So I add a hefty amount of onions, and a hefty amount of Worcestershire sauce, because it packs a punch of goodness in every bite! Or as my daughter calls it: Wheres your sister sauce! I add in an egg and a little bit of breadcrumbs. Now you could say that this is a meatloaf mixture, and funny enough – I stumbled upon this recipe, because I was going to make Salisbury steaks with them, but I decided to grill them up on my grill pan instead. Best decision I have made, next to marrying my hubby!
I’m going to be making them this way from now on. Maybe next time, I will even add a little bell pepper to the mix and sub purple onion instead. There are actually a lot of goodies that can be added. Like bits of cheese too! But, I digress.
This was truly the best burger o have ever had. Hands down. I am a burger loving mom for sure!
What is your best burger?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices of cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Desired toppings such as lettuce, tomato slices, mayo, etc.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onion, egg, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Combine well, and shape into 4 even sized patties. Cook patties on medium heat, using a grill pan, or a skillet. Cook on each side, for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through, with an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Add cheese slices to burgers, and let cook for an additional minute, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve the best burgers on hamburger buns, and top them with lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, etc.
*Disclaimer – please note that this post may contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Savvy In The Kitchen. Please see my disclosure