When it comes to the king of rock and roll, one thing is for sure…The man knew how to eat! As I am sure you have heard by now, that one of his favorite foods was a peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwich, so I thought I would make some Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon Stuffed French Toast Elvis Style!
I truly did not know how good bacon, and peanut butter go together, until I tried this. Although, there was this one time, I was at a food truck, and they served a pulled pork peanut butter and jelly sandwich, that was to die for! So yes, I have learned to love strange food combinations. This recipe for Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon Stuffed French Toast Elvis Style, will be a hit at Mothers Day Brunch, and Mom will love it! Dad’s and kids too!
I sliced up a brioche loaf into about 1-1/2 inch slices, and made a pocket with a pairing knife. Be very careful when doing this. Just try to keep the knife straight in when making the pocket, and don’t go all the way through.
Then, using a butter knife, spread in some peanut butter, and sliced bananas. I had made some bacon earlier, and made torn up little pieces, and stuffed them in there too.
Then, I dipped them into some whisked eggs, that have been flavored with a little bit of vanilla extract. I made sure to coat on all sides, and placed them into a skillet with a pat of butter.
Brown on both sides, and serve with extra bacon, and bananas, and don’t forget the syrup!
This is a breakfast that you won’t soon forget. When I took a bite, I had only two words. Have mercy!
- 1 loaf brioche
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple Syrup
- Begin by rendering of bacon in a skillet, until golden and crispy. Remove bacon from skillet, and transfer to a paper towel covered plate to drain the fat. Set aside.
- Slice brioche loaf into 1 1/2 inch slices. In each slice, use a paring knife, to make a small pocket.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter in each pocket, and add in 3-4 slices of banana, and 1 slice of bacon, that has beef roughly chopped or torn.
- In a shallow bowl, or pie dish, whisk eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Dip each stuffed slice into whisked eggs to coat, then place in a skillet with butter.
- Cook for a few minutes, or until they are golden brown on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup.
*Disclaimer – please note that this post may contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Savvy In The Kitchen. Please see my disclosure