I don’t know about you, but I like slow mornings. I am a baker, and cake decorator, and before the weekend rush, I take my weekdays very seriously by meditating, drinking a hot cup of green tea, and pinning a bazillion gowns, crystals, and pretty houses on Pinterest. That is how I de-stress, and get ready to start my day. Along with my green tea, or sometimes coffee, I like to have a muffin, or something sweet. Not all the time, but yes, once in a while, I like to make muffins, and have them for breakfast throughout the week.
My mornings are really special to me, because, once the kids are up, and the work gets going, it becomes a madhouse of activities, and to-do lists to tackle, so my mornings are my getting to know me time, and that is where these delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins come in!
I love making muffins, because they can be both breakfast and dessert, and you can even take them with you when you are on the go. I often go shopping for cake supplies when I am making a cake, and in the morning, I grab my green tea, and one of these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, and I am out the door. I get run down when I am hungry. I get lazy, and I am just not focused on the tasks at hand. At the same time, I am not in the mood for a big breakfast either. I just like something light, easy, and something that will keep me full for a while. That is why I love these muffins.
I made a whole bunch, and when they were completely cool, I wrapped them up individually in plastic wrap, then popped them in a re-sealable bag, and placed them in the freezer. When I want just one, I just let it sit on the counter for 45 minutes or so, and it is ready to eat. They stay good in the freezer for about 2 months, but we all just go through them quickly that they are never in the freezer very long.
The banana flavor is so scrumptious, and the chocolate chips, make this muffin rich and delicious. Make these and start your morning off right. I dare you!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with 12 muffin liners.
- Using an electric mixer or by hand, combine mashed bananas, egg, vanilla, melted butter, sugars and milk in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, add in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Add flour mixture in wet mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add in chocolate chips, and gently fold using a rubber spatula to combine.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until tops are pale gold and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
And if you like muffins, try these on for size!
*Disclaimer – please note that this post may contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Savvy In The Kitchen. Please see my disclosure