When it comes to side dishes, potatoes, take the top spot in our home. When we are eating carbs, that is. My kids love anything doused in garlic, and Parmesan. You can really put garlic and Parmesan, on anything, and it would be delicious. Now, I love cooking with regular russet potatoes, but when it comes to roasted potatoes, red potatoes are my favorite. You can never go wrong, with a red potato.
And, since it is still very chilly, and rainy, outside, I am able to use the oven, and warm up the house a bit. I am using (and loving) my antique wedgewood stove everyday, and she really does warm up the house, when the oven is on. Not so good in the summer heat, but in this cold, it really helps to take the chill out.
This recipe for Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes, could not be more simple, and it goes well, with almost any main dish. The smokey flavors from the parmesan cheese, and the earthy aroma from the herbs, give these potatoes a flavor that is irresistible. Just toss the potatoes together with a few ingredients, and bake for around 35 minutes, until they are crisp on the outside, and soft on the inside.
I love using Non-stick foil, whenever I am roasting on a sheet pan, because the food lifts off so easily, and clean up is a easy peasy. You could just spray a baking sheet with some non-stick spray if you prefer.
And I found that this is the best way to introduce herbs to my kids early on. After that, I started cooking with herbs on my roast chicken, and now they love anything cooked with herbs. My mother- in-law still doesn’t, but that another story.
These Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes are perfect for dinner, anytime of year, and super easy to make. Try them and you will see:)
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with non-stick foil, or spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Combine everything until potatoes are coated and lay in a single layer on your baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
*Disclaimer – please note that this post may contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Savvy In The Kitchen. Please see my disclosure