I love Harry Potter. It is one of my favorite movies, and the books are amazing. Harry Potter has inspired so much yummy ideas for my kids treats when they were younger. Every time we visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, in Universal Studios Hollywood, we always stop for Frozen Butterbeer. It is a treat not to be missed.
But today, it is drizzling outside, and it is much too cold for the park today, so since it is Halloween, and since, Halloween is my favorite holiday, I thought I would share with you how I make Butterbeer Hot Chocolate!
This could not be more easy, and the whole family will chug-a-lug it! That is a word that we use in my house, and we have been using it for over 21 years, so there is no stopping now!
You just need :
Half and Half
White Chocolate Chips
Caramel Sauce (Store bought, or homemade)
This is really super fantastic, and just in time for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! I don’t know about you, but I cannot wait to see it! I heard that there is going to be 5 movies coming out on this series. 5!
If you would like to get a super cool Butterbeer Mug, like the one above, you can here!
So tonight, gather with some Harry Potter movies, and drink this yummy Butterbeer Hot Chocolate! Happy Halloween!
- 4 cups of half and half cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for topping
- in a medium saucepan, combine half and half, and milk.
- let milk mixture, begin to heat up, on medium heat.
- After about 2 minutes, add butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, vanilla, and caramel.
- Keep stirring mixture slowly, until all chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips have melted, and the hot chocolate is warmed up.
- Do not bring to a boil.
- As soon as the chips are all melted, you are good to go.
- Pour Butterbeer Hot Chocolate into mugs, and top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and a few butterscotch chips. Enjoy warm!
If you love Harry Potter, then be sure to check out these goodies!…
And for more Halloween Inspiration…..
*Disclaimer – please note that this post may contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Savvy In The Kitchen. Please see my disclosure