Italian food is a staple in our house. We eat Italian food, at least twice a week. It really does bring families together! I’m serious! There is nothing like a big bowl of pasta, garlic bread, or even pizza, to call everyone to the table.
Classic Chicken Mozzarella for me, is a meal that everyone loves to eat. Some family members may not like fish, or creamy cheesy dishes, but everybody loves Mozzarella!
Adults and kids alike, will love this recipe,and it will be requested all the time! This recipe is truly my family favorite. The dredging process is really simple once you get the hang of it. Once the chicken is pounded thin, you coat the chicken in flour first, then in egg, then finally in Italian bread crumbs.
Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes, so that the coating can adhere to the chicken well, before beginning to fry them. Once you fry them, the aroma really starts to come through.
Golden brown and bubbly, it can be eaten as soon as it is cooked through, but the addition of cheese, just heightens the flavor even more!
Delicious, cheesy and crispy, is how I would describe my Classic Chicken Mozzarella! I use Non-Stick foil when I bake them, and after baking, the chicken comes of the sheet pan easily! That makes clean up a breeze!
This meal will surely steal the show and bring the family around the table.
The aromas that will fill your house, will alert the next door neighbors, Make the dog howl, and the emergency broadcast system to sound, because everyone will know that something yummy is happening at your house! Serve this with a side of pasta, and top it with your favorite jarred pasta sauce, and you will have an Italian meal, that your family will not forget! Try this recipe and you can thank me later!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Homemade or store bought marinara sauce (Optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by placing each chicken breast in a re-sealable bag and pound thin, using a meat mallet, or the back of a small frying pan, or a heavy large spoon like I use;)
- Pound until the chicken breasts are about 1/4 inch thick.
- To prepare your dredging station, choose three shallow bowls, or serving dishes, and place side by side.
- (I use pie plates) Place all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper in one bowl.
- Then in the next bowl, crack 3 eggs and use a fork to scramble them. In the last bowl, add the Italian style bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil on medium high heat.
- Next, take a chicken breast that has been pounded thin, and dredge first in flour on both sides.
- Then move that piece over to the next bowl filled with scrambled eggs, and make sure it is evenly coated on both sides with egg.
- Finally, move the chicken breast piece from the eggs, to the bread crumbs and coat evenly on both sides.
- Continue to repeat this process for the remaining chicken breasts.
- Once oil has come to temperature, fry chicken breast until each piece has browned evenly on both sides, about 4 minutes each side.
- I usually use a frying pan that is big enough for all four pieces to fit in the pan.
- But if a large pan isn't available, I will use a pan to fit 2 pieces, and fry in batches.
- Once they are done frying, place chicken on a baking sheet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top each piece with two slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Place baking sheet in oven, and let bake until cheese is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a side of pasta and marinara sauce
*Disclaimer – please note that this post may contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Savvy In The Kitchen. Please see my disclosure